Feng shui at its essence is just another application of the law of attraction. If you set up your home in a way that helps you to think about wealth, feng shui can attract wealth into your life.
Feng shui and wealth
Here are some ways to surround yourself with images of wealth and abundance so that you will attract even more into your life:
- Make sure everything within sight looks clean and new. Repair broken items and re-paint old items if necessary.
- Keep containers of food and drink more than half-full, to give the image of having plenty
- Have fresh fruit available in a bowl or basket, or grow living plants (avoid dried flowers as this represents death and decay).
- Store your small change in a glass bowl in a visible area to form the image of increasing wealth.
Your home’s wealth area
The various traditions of feng shui suggest different wealth areas of the home or room. Apply the above feng shui wealth ideas to these areas for the best results:
- South-east section of the room or home
- Back left corner of the room (facing the room from the entrance)
Symbols of wealth
In feng shui, there are symbols that represent wealth. You could try putting some of these symbols of abundance in the wealth areas of your home:
- Bowl of coins (as above)
- Lucky bamboo plant
- Green or purple grapes
- Flowing water (small fountain or aquarium)
- Pictures of the house or car your dream of
Your kitchen and wealth
The kitchen is probably the most important part of your home where wealth is concerned, because it represents nourishment. Feng shui wealth tips for the kitchen:
- Ensure it is bright and spacious, so that chi can flow easily through this room that is used to feed the family.
- ‘Enlarge’ a small and cramped kitchen with mirrors so you feel ‘bigger’ when working in it.
- If you cannot see the entrance from your work area, use mirrors to allow you to see when someone enters the kitchen.
- Keep your stove clean and rotate among the burners (using the same burner all the time represents ‘limitedness’ in the way you think and live).
- Locate the trash bin out of sight and definitely not in the wealth corner (south east or back left according to various traditions).
- Place symbols of abundance in the wealth corner, like green and purple grapes, nine round oranges, or fresh flowers.
A sensible attitude to Feng Shui and wealth
Adopting the right attitude to feng shui is important. Some people may put some grapes in the south-east corner of their kitchen for a week, then complain that they are not yet millionaires yet! That entitlement attitude alone is bound to ensure that they don’t become wealthy!
Feng shui, even if you believe in it, is merely an enabler. The best analogy I can think of is the proverbial supportive wife behind the successful husband. The wife enables him to focus on his work and succeed, but he won’t become rich just sitting at home staring at his wife all day.
Success and wealth, ultimately, come from working hard. A conducive environment makes it easier to succeed. Feng shui aims to create that conducive environment. The environment alone, however, does not guarantee success.
With that in mind, I hope that these feng shui tips create an environment of abundance in your home and mind, and bring you success and wealth.